Sometimes the microphone stops working in POPULATION: ONE, try these steps to fix it and get back into the fight!
- Grant Permissions
Relaunch POPULATION: ONE and click on the PLAY screen, if you haven't granted microphone permissions, it will prompt you there. Click OK and ALLOW to grant microphone permissions to the app.
- Verify Volume is Not Turned Down + Correct Input Device Selected
- Launch POPULATION: ONE
- Press the settings button on your left hand controller to open the battle menu
- Navigate to Settings > General
- Check that your microphone volume isn't set too low
- Check that you have the correct input device selected
- Verify Microphone is Not Disabled
On the Oculus Home screen, navigate to Settings > See All > Device, make sure that the microphone is not disabled.
- Turn off Streaming or Video Recording
POPULATION: ONE does run into issues with streaming and microphone use at the same time for voice chat. This is a known issue and the Oculus team is working on a long term solution.
- Disable Speech Recognition
Goto Oculus betas and disable Speech Recognition as it can sometimes interfere with voice chat.
- Factory Reset
If nothing else works, a factory reset may resolve the issue. How to factory reset your Oculus Quest.
As of 1/18/2021, there is a known issue where the Oculus Quest microphone doesn't work properly when using Oculus Link. Oculus is currently working on a fix for this issue.