The game starts, but before you receive the error message 'Server not responding, retrying connection' before entering the lobby.
Uninstall and Reinstall the game
Oculus users: Find POPULATION: ONE in your headset's library. Select the three dots in the bottom right corner, and select 'uninstall'. After the game has successfully uninstalled, select 'install' to reinstall the game.
Steam users: Open your Steam Library, and right click on POPULATION: ONE. Select Manage, and click 'Uninstall'. To reinstall, simply right click on POPULATION: ONE and select 'Install'.
Opt out of any betas/ensure you're on the 'Live' channel of the game.
- Open the Oculus app on the phone paired with your Quest headset
- Tap the Library Icon at the top right of your phone
- Tap POPULATION: ONE
- Scroll Down to the bottom of the app page and Tap The Version Number
- Tap Channel and tap LIVE
- Uninstall POPULATION: ONE and REBOOT your headset
IMPORTANT: If you do not reboot, this likely will not work
- After your headset has rebooted, install POPULATION: ONE
- After launching POPULATION: ONE, Verify the version number at the bottom of Settings -> General in POPULATION: ONE matches the LIVE channel
- Right-click POPULATION: ONE in your Steam Library and select Properties
- Select Betas and choose 'None' from the drop-down list.
Factory Reset your Quest
As a last resort, factory reset your Quest headset by following the instructions in the guide below:
If you still are unable to launch the game, submit a support ticket at support.bigboxvr.com and we'll help you out!